If you are a woman over 40, we recommend scheduling an annual mammogram. Many times, early-stage breast cancers are only detected through mammograms. All women should be screened every year beginning at age 40.
To schedule a mammogram, please call 918-268-3565 and choose from a location below.
11th & Utica in Tulsa
91st & Hwy. 169 in Tulsa
1202 N Muskogee Pl.
1027 E Cherry St.
2401 W Main St.
111 N Bailey St.
10502 N 110th E Ave. in Owasso
Offered only at the Leta M. Chapman Breast Center located at Hillcrest Medical Center in Tulsa, 3D mammography is the most
advanced technology in breast cancer detection.
Did you know?
- 75 percent of women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history or are not considered high risk.
- Standard mammography can miss up to 50 percent of cancers present in women with dense breasts.
3D Mammography quick facts:
- Also known as digital breast tomosynthesis (tomo), 3D mammography is superior at detecting invasive breast tumors as well as tumors located in dense breast tissue.
- 3D technology takes a series of images and generates a three-dimensional picture that is much clearer than two-dimensional images allowing physicians to detect cancers sooner and more accurately.
- 3D mammograms use similar equipment and procedures as traditional 2D mammograms and have no additional risk to patients compared with traditional mammograms.
- No referral is necessary for screening and most insurances now cover 3D mammography exams.
To schedule your 3D mammogram, call Hillcrest Medical Center at 918-268-3565 and select option one.